Sunday, October 19, 2008

2 + Weeks to go

With the visa in hand, and the blog set up, and 2 plus weeks to go, I'm getting ready to go to Novosibirsk, Russia to teach Criminal Law and Procedure to students in the faculty of Economics at Novosibirsk State University. All I need to do now is finish preparing the PowerPoint for the class, and polish off the factual scenario for the mock trial. I am doing something which only one other Senior Lawyer has done: a mock trial. My faculty contact thinks the students will enjoy it, as it is something that they have never done, nor will they probably ever do it again. But, inasmuch as the class is about criminal law and procedure, participating in a mock trial of a criminal case will hopefully be a concrete way to show the students how it is done. It will either be a great success or a dismal failure. As all of us Senior Lawyers have learned, adjustments to our plans will be necessary. So, let me get back to working on it.

No comments: